Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Down Mississippi

Since I was a kid I've always dreamed about sailing down Mississippi river. I remember in school we learned Mississippi river was one of the largest river systems in the world. The river is anything between 30 to 60 feet deep, the current varies at different sections of the river & we have registered as high as 4.2kt of current. Yesterday we were racing down the river doing 10kt.
Right now we are docked in St. Louis next to a barge on the river. There are no marinas here and it's not a safe place for pleasure boating!
I have couple friends here in St. Louis. Last night Jesse stopped by Earthling and he lend us his car so we could do some grocery shopping today. Marcin is leaving in couple of hours and Rachael is arriving in couple of hours. I will be down Mississippi for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment